Monday, August 22, 2011

Broken Bones, Retro Consoles and Mods!

So back in june I got a little too drunk one night..... anyway long story short I broke my left clavicle...again.  Afterwards I was doped up and not to mobile. While I was hurt and unable to work at my regular day job, I had some time to finish a couple of retro console mods I had started in the spring.

I finally finished the SNES for my friend Mike, which I'm sure he is using right now at home to play Contra III: The Alien Wars.  Originally I had planned to do a slime green paint job and replace the original red LED with a very bright green one. Unfortunately I had never opened up a SNES before. The mess inside was not what was expected. So being unable to access the LED, I had to leave the red one in and change my plan. So a couple of red parts and a couple of black parts. Here is the finished product.

Also I was asked by a girl I work with, if I could find a bright pink N64. I told her that there was a watermelon coloured N64 but was it was rare and hard to find. I did have a N64 I bought at a value village for 14.99 but it was only the main unit with no cords or controllers. So I told her, if she could wait I would eventually get all the pieces together. So several months later I had all the parts (even the Expansion Pak) plus I even found a copy of Star Wars Episode I Pod Racer for her as well. Here is the finished Raspberry Pink Console and Matching Controller. The console was also fitted with an ultra bright blue LED. You know, for some extra "zaz"!!!!

I will post more pictures of other consoles soon!

1 comment: